You’ve got the guy of your dreams and you’re ready to tie the knot. But who is going to be in your bridal party? And more importantly, what are they going to wear? Choosing bridesmaids can be difficult, but choosing the perfect outfits just got simpler with the help of this article.
One of the most important decisions you’ll make when choosing the style of your wedding is what type of outfits the bridal party will wear. There are so many different styles of bridesmaid dresses available, it can be tough to decide which one is best for your big day.
If you’re looking for bridesmaids dress ideas that are affordable and popular, here’s everything you need to know.
#1 – The A-line dress
The first style of popular bridesmaid dress today is the A-line style. A classic bridesmaid option, the A-line dress is timeless. Typically they have a fitted bodice which flares out gently towards the floor in an A-line shape to give a feminine vibe.
This style of dress is flattering for all body types and can be dressed up or down depending on the style of the wedding. If you want more coverage, consider choosing an empire waistline which also creates some contrast against the full skirt.
#2 – The sheath dress
A sheath bridesmaid dress hugs the body from top to bottom and does not flare out like an A-line bridesmaid dress. It has a fitted design that is sleek and elegant, perfect for bridesmaids who want to look sophisticated. Another great aspect of sheath bridesmaid gowns is that they are easy to accessorise with jewellery.
This bridesmaid style tends to appear modest and conservative however it can be modernised by choosing a shorter hemline just above the knee. If you’re looking for something with more of a creative edge, you can opt for a sheath dress with an asymmetric hemline.
Sheath bridesmaid dresses are best suited for brides who have smaller bridal parties of four or less bridesmaids, with people of a similar body shape.
Lastly, this type of bridal party dress can be worn again after the wedding, or even for rehearsal dinners. Brides often choose sheath bridal gowns when planning their rehearsal dinners because they look great for any formal occasion.
#3 – The straight-cut dress
This third popular style we want to cover is the straight-cut or column bridesmaid dress. Similar to the sheath dress, this style is designed to fit close to the body. These bridesmaid dresses are perfect for brides who want their bridal party to look sleek and modern. If you’re looking for something more modest, consider choosing a floor-length, straight-cut bridesmaid dress.
This bridal party style is best suited for bridal parties of five or more members. This dress style can be accessorised with minimalistic jewellery such as simple drop earrings and bracelets.
Tips for choosing bridesmaids dresses
- No matter what style of bridesmaid dress you choose, remember that the outfits should reflect your personal style and the overall theme of your wedding day.
- You do not need to follow any rules – you can mix and match these dresses to create your own unique bridal party look.
- Whichever styles you choose, make sure that the dresses complement your own bridal gown and that all of the bridesmaids are comfortable in their dresses.
- Make sure to have fun with it and take into account your bridal party’s personalities! You don’t want everyone wearing the same dress or standing out in completely opposite ways. Have a think about what will look good on everyone and go from there.
- And as for the price tag, don’t worry! There are plenty of affordable bridesmaid dresses available that do not sacrifice on quality or design. The online fashion dress store Cicnia can provide the perfect bridesmaid gowns that are well-priced and beautiful.