Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia is just around the corner and pressure is mounting for us all to be looking our sartorial best for the hoards of street style photographers circulating the Overseas Passenger Terminal.
This year we have a fantastic team with us and some amazing designers to share with you so stay tuned for full MBFWA coverage and so much more!
Check out our top ten must have items below (sure some are a little unrealistic but we can always dream!).
Tash is our Managing Editor!
1. Gary Bigeni Cole Drape Skirt. Nothing beats the classic drapery and quality fabrics of Gary Bigeni. Perfect for Fashion Week, versatile and something you will definitely wear over and over again.
2. Miu Miu Peplum T-Shirt. Peplum is my favourite cut at the moment, oh-so flattering.
3. Givenchy Small Antigona Tote. This is one thing I have really splurged on for Fashion Week but with good reason. It is an investment piece that will carry me through, fits my iPad and my tired old Wang REALLY needed an update!
4. Topshop Reflect Metallic Heel Sandals. I love the cut and style of these and the metallic heel makes them fashion week street stylin’ ready.
5. Michael Kors Watch In Rose Gold. Rose gold is so beautiful and a men’s style watch is one of the greatest statement pieces you can own.
6. Tara Jamon Mint Pants. I love a touch of mint for A/W to brighten up those dreary days. Its crisp, unusual and flattering.
7. Prabal Gurung Jacket. Prabal Gurung…need I say more?
8. Versace Sunglasses from Sunglass Hut. I have been rocking my pair of these for almost a year now and I will never give them up, they are simply amazing.
Pip is our lovely Marketing Manager.
1. Top Shop Printed Pants. Comfort is also key for me for the week and slouchy printed pants are slowly becoming a collector’s item in my wardrobe.
2. Shopbop Necklace– Nothing like a bit of a statement necklace to top off any outfit.
3. Trois Senorita dress– The leather detailing makes this ordinary black dress an instant winner for me. Simple yet stylish.
4. ASOS Black Ankle Boots- Boots are a must for me for the week so snapping these up for $41 was a nice addition to my fashion week wardrobe.
5. Thu Thu Sapa Biker Jacket- This was love at first site. Each jacket is one of a kind and made by the H’Mong women in Sapa North Vietnam.
6. Manning Cartel Wallpaper Draped Mini Skirt- It’s refreshing that there is so much colour around for Winter and this Manning Cartell skirt will be great to take from day to night.
7. Alexander Wang Prisma Tote- A little out of my budget but I could not think of a more perfect size to use for the week. When you have camera, laptop, phone, make up and more a bag like this is ideal, I’ll just pretend I own it.
8. By Johnny Lili Peplum Top- This BY Johnny cut out shoulders and peplum style top was the first piece to add to the wardrobe and appropriately one of my most anticipated shows of the week
Elsie is the creator of Diary of a Fashion Muse and we are very excited to have her on board for MBFWA!
1. Alexander Wang leather racer back dress: A little black dress is always a classic item to have at your disposal but when that LBD is made entirely out of leather and features sexy sheer panels? Out of this world.
2.Roberto Cavalli Swarovski crystal necklace: The bright pop of colour in this unusual necklace will stand out against my mainly black, white, grey and navy fashion week palette.
3.Smythson ‘I’ve got nothing to wear’ leather notebook: When you’re after top quality stationary you can’t go past Smythson. I love the deep purple colour of this notebook and I really think the name of it is rather apt for fashion week!
4.Vivienne Westwood anglomania bayonet asymmetric leather jacket: Leave it to punk fashion pioneer Vivienne Westwood to take a truly classic item and turn it on its head (much like she did to the’establishment’ back in the 70s) by making it look fresh and new season after season.
5. Alexander McQueen lace up leather wedge sandals: An outfit is never complete without a pair of truly statement heels and these incredible works of art are no exception.
6. Prism portofino cat’s eyes sunglasses: Sunglasses are always a must and the cat’s eye shape tends to create an illusion of mystery for it’s wearer. The printed frames also make it fun.
7. 3.1 Phillip Lim pashi textured leather tote bag: A black leather bag easily takes you from day to night and can be used for different occasions and this amazing tote ticks all the boxes.
8. Haute Hippie two toned silk chiffon blouse: I just love me a collar especially if it contrasts the item of clothing it is on.
Lizz is our awesome Beauty Editor.