STYLISH SLIPPERS: If you’re ready for a new pair of slippers, keep reading to discover our favourite stylish slippers to try in Australia in 2022. Non-aesthetic varieties need not apply!
It’s that time of year again when we’re all reaching for our slippers to get us through the chilly days and nights. But if your slippers are making you feel more blah than blissful, it might be time to upgrade to a new pair.
Whether you’re looking for a comfy moccasin, an elevated slipper to wear inside and outside the house, or something in between, we’re spoilt for choice.
There’s an endless array of options available at just as many price-points. But what should you look for when buying slippers – and what should you avoid?
Stylish slippers: What to look for when buying slippers?
When it comes to buying slippers that will last the distance, there are a few things to consider. Think about:
- Close-toed vs open toed: We tend to opt for closed shoes in winter, but prefer open toed in the summertime. The same thinking may be best to apply to slippers, too.
- Material: Choose slippers made from soft and comfortable materials, but something durable enough to last more than a few months.
- Style: Are you looking for a classic moccasin, a more elegant hotel style slipper, or something you could wear casually outside the house?
- Quality: Do you want a pair that will last you a couple of months, or more substantial footwear that are well-made and will last the distance?
What to avoid when buying slippers?
Without overcomplicating the process, there are some things to look out for to make sure you get the perfect pair. Consider:
- Size: It’s obvious, but worth mentioning. You want slippers to be ultra comfortable so opt for a slightly bigger size if anything.
- Material of the sole: Choose a slipper that uses a strong and durable sole that will last the distance and not break or wear through after a few months.
6 Best Stylish Slippers In 2022
Ready to slide into comfort in 2022? Here’s a roundup of some top picks in Australia in 2022.
Green Slippers from Monte
If you’re on the hunt for beautifully-crafted daytime slippers, then look no further than Monte. Classy comfort that meets the demands of your classic personal style is attainable 24 hours a day with their Hunter Green Slippers. In soft premium velvet, they ooze warmth, comfort and style.
They’re unisex and ideal for completing casual outfits. We love that you can personalise these slippers with perfectly stitched monogramming. Choose from silver, navy, green or gold thread to complete your initials.
Features of Hunter Green Slippers:
- 100% polyester
- Soft premium velvet and a rubber sole
- Optional initial monogramming
Terry Lemon Yellow Slippers from Monte
Our favourite summer slipper in Australia. Monte’s terry towelling slippers are ideal to wear poolside or on journeys between the beach and bar.
The open-toed design works perfectly for hot days and balmy summer evenings, plus the pastel lemon shade is stunning. Meandering, working, reclining or imbibing, you can’t go wrong in the warmer months with a pair of Terry Towelling slippers.
Features of Terry Lemon Slippers:
- 6% Polyester/ 26.4% Viscose
- Premium cotton terry towelling
- Thermoplastic rubber sole
Sometimes you just want a fluffy moccasin. Once again, they’re not known to be THE most stylish slippers / shoes, but they are very comfortable and warm. Crafted using the highest quality premium grade sheepskin, these unisex UGG Premium Traditional Moccasins are made to last many cosy winters.
Features of Moccasins:
- Crafted from cow leather upper and premium grade Australian sheepskins
- Fully lined with soft, fluffy natural sheepskin
- Thick, warm natural inner fleece
- Rubber sponge sole
Shearling Fluffy Slippers from Monte
Chic, well-crafted, enduring and versatile, if you’re looking for a gorgeous fluffy slipper, choose the Shearling from Monte. This is our favourite winter slipper as it’s ultra fluffy, warm and super snuggly and soft. Insert more product info.
Peaches and Pineapples Slippers from Kip & Co
We leave you with another fun option for a summer slide, or those who prefer open-toed shoes. The Peaches and Pineapples slippers are bright and bold making them a blast to wear. Ultra soft, they feature a cross over with a rubber sole, keeping feet nice and cosy.
Features of Peaches and Pineapples Slippers:
- 100% Polyester upper & inner
- 100% rubber soled slipper
Possibly the most famous slipper ever, you can’t go wrong with a pair of Uggs. They don’t win the style game, but they are ultra comfy and warm for winter so we had to include them. Made using 100% Australian Sheepskin to keep your toes and feet warm, they also have an additional fold over the edge to add warmth to the ankles.
Features of Ugg Slippers:
- 100% Australian sheepskin lining
- Rubber sole