Love it or loathe it, the Victoria’s Secret fashion show is right around the corner. Happening on December 3 London (televised on December 9), there is already MAJOR fanfare! If you want to get the jump on that all-important “Victoria’s Secret Angel hair”, read on…
The fanciful show, which only seems to get more hyped with each passing year, is renowned as much for its presentation of genetic perfection as it is about any bra and knicker set! So, what gets most women talking around the water cooler the next day, is it the multi-million dollar bra or oversized angel wings you desperately need to have? No. It is the hair. That perfect, shiny, bouncy “Victoria’s Secret Angel Hair” (it even has its own point of reference!)
You know what I’m talking about. Or, in case you don’t:
If watching the Victoria’s Secret fashion show doesn’t make you reach for the curling wand and a gym membership renewal form, nothing will!
We turned to multi award winning stylist Lizzie Liros to give us the how-to on achieving “Victoria’s Secret Angel hair” at home.
1. Start with clean dried hair that is parted on the desired side.
2. Spray hair with a medium hold hair spray.
3. Starting from the front of the hair around the face, take a thin vertical section of hair from the part line down to the nape (just under your ear).
4. Curl the section of hair with a one-inch curling wand, winding hair away from the face.
5. Hold for 5 seconds (yikes!) and then remove the hair from the curling wand keeping the curl in tact.
6. Pin the curled hair to the base of the scalp to allow the curl to cool and set.
7. Continue this same method with remaining hair.
8. Once all of the hair is curled and pinned allow the hair to cool for 15 minutes before carefully removing each pin and releasing the curls.
9. To finish tip your head upside down and run your fingers through hair to loosen curls.
TIP: Brushing the hair with a comb or brush will smooth the hair more than just using your fingers.
…And there you have it! Not necessarily a routine for everyday, but certainly a crowd-pleaser!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO: GUESS HOW MUCH THIS BRA IS?