These super simple and delicious cinnamon scrolls are sure to be a winner on anyone’s plate! They’re very easy, quick to make and taste delightful! Here’s the recipe:
2 cups Self Raising Flour
Pinch of salt
85 grams butter
2/3 cup milk
4 tablespoons brown sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
(Cream butter and sugar, then add cinnamon)
1 cup of icing sugar
2-3 tablespoons water
1. Sift flour and salt, rub butter into flour until all combined then add milk and cut the mixture together with a knife.
2. Place dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until combined.
3. Roll dough into a rectangle roughly 30 x 30 cms and about ½ cm thick.
4. Spread the filling over the entire surface of the dough, roll up the dough and cut it into 2.5 cm pieces.
5. Place pieces onto a greased tray, lined with baking paper, allowing enough room for them to double in size.
6. Bake for 12 -14 minutes or until golden brown on 200 degrees Celsius (180 fan forced).
7.Drizzle with glaze/icing.
Try not to eat them all at once!