If you’re looking for an instant style statement but are short on time, inspiration, money (or any combination of the above) then you really need to consider adding a couple of statement necklaces to your wardrobe.
A statement necklace is the ultimate way to look stylishly pulled together with a minimum of effort.
Layer any kind of statement necklace over so little as a $10 basic tank top or t-shirt, and prepare to receive compliments. Team an intricate or flamboyant beaded neckpiece with a plain strapless dress, and suddenly you’re the most glamourous girl in the room. A statement necklace can be worn time and again in dozens of different ways, making them a great investment for people on any budget.
There are so many beautiful options available at the moment, but my personal favourites are those featuring mixed metals in burnished tones that cascade down over the bust line.
I’m also particularly taken with this feathered piece below from Oasis, and the incredible ‘snood‘ (that’s the one that looks a little medieval.)
All pieces shown in below are available for immediate purchase, prices starting at a crazy $8 !
1. ART DECO CAPE $110 from River Island
2. Feather Necklace $80 from River Island
3. Statement Strand Necklace $50 from River Island
4. Metallic Coin Necklace $8 from Oasap
5. Vintage Rhinestone Necklace $382 from ShopBop
6. Antique Bib Necklace $14 from Oasap
7. Multistrand Statement Necklace $29 (was $48) from ASOS
8. Shlimp & Ulrich Necklace $349 from ShopBop
9. Haute Hippie ‘Snood’ $603 from ShopBop
10. Laura Cantu Statement Neckpiece $463 from ShopBop
11. Jamie Jewellery Statement chain necklace $55 (WAS $255!) from ASOS
12. Laura Cantu Ethnic Double Necklace $266 from ShopBop
…Happy Shopping! (you can see more of my shopping picks from clicking on ‘SHOP’ above, or just click here.
I would love to hear your thoughts on whether you love, like, or pass on statement necklace!