Making your home beautiful can make all the world of difference when you spend time in your space. Make your surroundings inspiring, and a reflection of who you are, and it will have positive effect on your outlook.
One of the hottest trends for interiors for 2013 has to be brass. Brass, with its sumptuous gleam and sculptural weight is experiencing a resurgence in homes across the globe, and we couldn’t be more thrilled.
Many interiors designers are looking to the ’70s for inspiration, and as a result brass and bronze will show up more and more, particularly with the emphasis on repurposing vintage items from era’s gone by.
The question you’re all asking here is…how on earth do I incorporate this into my home?
Our top tips are:
– A giant brass feature wall or some enormous sculpture is way too overwhelming, costly and dramatic for most homes, so the key here is really in the accessories and styling of your space.
– Metallic light shades either on lamps or from the ceiling are a great, luxe way to make this accent, and using a reflective surface can lighten and bring warmth to a room.
– Try a brass or bronze vintage steamer trunk which you can usually find at vintage homewares stores (in Sydney we recommend Dug Up on Bourke), to use as a side table, coffee table or storage for a unique design solution.
– Find some brass photo frames or vases for subtle accents of luxury around the home.
– Update your fixtures, either in the kitchen or bathroom with some vintage or new brass fixtures for that luxe feel.
– Combine practicality with luxury in the kitchen, buy brass pots and pants and display them in a way that the eye picks them up as it travels the room.
Check out our bronze homewares inspirations below!