So on Sunday morning I met my friends for Breakfast after a cheeky run around the Tan.. on the way home we stopped by the new Pressed Juice shop in South Yarra to see what they had in store!
I’ve visited the Armadale store a couple of times for a juice or two after a workout and I really love their concept. The juices are pressed in a way so that it doesn’t oxidise or degrade the fruit and vegetable, which keeps the nutrients and enzymes intact. All the juices are processed daily too which is always a plus!
They have a variety of juicy options, ranging from your green and your zesty juices to your sweet spiced almond or chocolate milks (my favourite!)
They also offer a range of 3 detox’s that can be delivered to your very front door which I’d love to try at some point. Although I’m not sure how i’d cope without solid food for three days! Ill get back to you on that one…
Anyway, the moral of my Sunday morning story? I walked out of that store a very happy girl. I’d definitely recommend a visit!
As I got home, I felt like I needed to bake. So I whipped up this bad boy…
Coconut Choc Chip Cookies:
What you will need
- 1 Cup shredded Coconut
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup almond meal
- 3 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/3 Cup Rice Malt Syrup (can use honey or maple syrup)
- 1 Tbsp GF Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Nibs or chopped 80% Dark choc
Ingredients always stocked up at my favourite place to shop – Thomas Dux
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and roll into little balls
- Place each ball onto a tray lined with baking powder and press down with a fork to flatten into biscuit shapes
- Place in he oven and cook for 10 – 15 minutes (depends on your oven strength so I’d watch them…)
Abbey- Holistic Fit Food