The holy grail of snacks are those that taste amazing, look appetizing, and leave a tiny footprint (if any) on the waist-line. If you’re a fitness fanatic, (or anyone who likes to look after their body through diet or exercise) it’s simply crazy to work against all of your hard-earned sweat and tears with poorly-chosen snack foods. And isn’t it annoying how you always seem to be especially ravenous right after a workout!? Argh!
Thankfully though, the days of sweat bands as fashion and alfalfa-topped cruskits are well behind us! Sensible post-workout food just got a whole lot tastier, thanks to recipes like this one which focus on natural ingredients, in the right combinations to leave you looking and feeling your best, with NO GUILT!
Want more healthy food ideas? Head here: HOLISTIC FIT FOOD: COCONUT CHIA PUDDING
- 2x ¼ cup Meko coconut water
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional for extra protein)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- In a separate bowl soak the chia seeds and oats in coconut water for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the layers by mixing the Greek yogurt, cinnamon and protein powder.
- In a glass place 2 scoops of the chia mix, then top with the yogurt mix, the frozen berries, oats and a final layer of chia mix.
- Top it with pumpkin seeds and goji berries. Serve chilled.
Want more healthy post-workout ideas? Head here: FIVE POST WORKOUT SMOOTHIES TO TRY