Ladies and gents, put the basket down and walk away from the biscuit isle. It is not worth it, especially now I can share with you one of my absolute favorite recipes, Raw Mint Choc Oreos!!
Get your aprons on and blenders out, because these little treasures are too good to be true.
What you will need..
For the Chocolate Outer Layers:
– 8 Medjool Dates
– 1 Cup Almonds
– 4 Tbsp. Caco Powder
– 1/3 Coconut Oil
– 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
For the Inner Mint Magic:
– 1 Cup raw Cashews
– 10 drops of peppermint oil
– 1/2 Cup water
– 1 Tbsp Rice malt Syrup
– 1/3 cup coconut oil
What to do….
1. Start with the chocolate outer layer by blending all ingredients well in a blender until the mixture is sticky and thick.
2. Remove mixture from the blender and roll into a large log (a shape that resembles a foam roller….) and place in the fridge to set for around 30 mins
3. Once set, cut the log into small sections about 1 cm wide and leave in the fridge while you prepare the mint goodness.
4. For the mint inner layer, Place all the ingredients (once again) in the blender and blend until the mixture is quite smooth (add water if you need)
5. Once smooth (but not too runny), grab two of the chocolate outer circles and fill them with the cashew mint cream.
6. Push them together so they stick and place in the fridge until you want to gobble them up.
7. Repeat for all other Oreos (makes about 12)
They will last up to a week or so in the fridge (although mine lasted two days….)
Abbey –Holistic Fit Foods