From my latest website obsession TheBeautyDepartment.com, hair stylist Kristen Ess (aka Lauren Conrad’s hair stylist) shows us how to create the much coveted ballerina bun in this step-by-step tutorial narrated by Miss Conrad herself.
Simple, chic and oh so pretty, L.C proves this style is as perfect for the gym and running errands as it is for any date or red carpet event.
1. Using a 1 inch curling iron, curl all of your hair under.
2. Flip hair over and pull into a high ponytail securing with an elastic.
3. Using your smoothing brush, back comb hair to boost volume.
4. Twist hair and wrap around the base to create your bun shape.
5. Insert bobby pins along the base of the bun, securing it to your head.
6. Spray all over with a firm holding hairspray and smooth down fly-aways.