The implications of the current economic climate in a nutshell: to the shops!
No need to wash, change, or get out of bed really. You can just snuggle up with your laptop in front of you and hop onto your favourite online shopping sites. Not only is the Australian dollar strong, but on top of that, it just so happens that we live in a different hemisphere to the homes of the largest online retailers like Topshop, Asos and Urban Outfitters to name a few. This means that as Australia moves into Summer, the UK and US will be moving into winter, and all their summer goodies will be going on sale!
It’s quite easy to be overwhelmed by the multitude of clothing sitting at your fingertips, so there are some things to remember to help you avoid ending up penniless.
1. Set yourself a budget. You might not notice that you’ve clicked ‘add to cart’ twenty times in the last five minutes, but you need to make sure that you can afford it all. Put aside a reasonable amount to spend, and stick to it – this way you wont break the bank.
2. Make a wishlist. Shop according to priority.
3. If possible, try to shop in Australian dollars, so you don’t get confused and ask, “Why is this amazing jewel only costing me fifty dollars. Well, it’s not, it’s fifty pounds.
4. Use the reviews as a guide. The reviewers on Urban Outfitters, are particularly helpful. They will tell you if something is amazing or sub par, whether the product is true to size and describe the drape and the cut for you.
5. And lastly, don’t get something nice; get something AMAZING. Masterpieces only!
One of our fave online shopping buys of the moment is this amazing Josh Goot for ASOS collaboration which retails from around $60-$160 plus free shipping! Shop the range here.