Part two of our summer survival guide, on how to look after your skin!
Our top tips:
1. Apply sunscreen daily on your face and body (not forgetting the ears, feet, and backs of your hands of course)
2. Investing in a 30+ broad spectrum sunscreen is essential, and means that you’re covered from the harsh rays of both UVA and UVB rays: the difference being that UVA rays are deeply penetrating rays responsible for wrinkles, leathery skin, and sun spots; and UVB rays are the ones that singe the top layers of the skin, causing skin cancer and sunburn.
3. For light, oil-free, and non greasy face/neck coverage, try Banana Boats ‘Faces’ Sun Cream. It’s fast absorbing, and when worn under make up, you’d have no idea it was there. For body, Neutrogena’s Ultra Sheer Body Mist is great. Applied like a spray, it’s incredibly fast and easy to use, and has a light feel and finish
4. Invest in two lip balms: one with sun protection for the days, and a soothing, restoring one for bedtime. We all know chapped, dry, and sunburned lips are definitely not attractive. We suggest Burt’s Bees Natural Rejuvenating Lip Balm for day, and Kora’s Vitamin Enhanced Lip Balm for night.
5. Ensure you take your make up off at night to ensure a clean, fresh complexion. Keep make up wipes by your bedside for extra late nights, but nothing beats actually washing your face. Follow with toner and a light moisturiser designed for night-time to reap the benefits. Try Clinique’s Three Step program which includes a cleanser, toner and moisturiser that can be chosen to suit your skin type.