The classic smokey-eye is fast becoming a hot trend for winter 2011. The blended look allows the wearer to seem sexy yet mysterious. This shadow style has been worn by celebrity Kim Kardashian as seen on her appearances on the hit show Keeping up with the Kardashians. To warm up this cool winter look, add a colour of choice to give it more edge and femininity.
So inject some colour into your otherwise grey winter basics!
Directions for Classic:
- Smooth eyelid and level the tone with liquid foundation to create an even surface for application.
- Start with the lightest grey and brush a coat covering the whole lid.
- Take the shade darker and cover the top half of your lid ensuring that the bottom layer still can be seen above the lashes.
- Spread the darkest grey in the crease at the top of your eyelid which will create definition.
- Lastly, take the black shade and dust the corners of your eye with a little of the shadow.
- Eyeliner can be used on both top and bottom but tailored to personal preference. Apply mascara.
Follow the aforementioned instructions. Choose a colour with three different shades i.e. three shades of pink with black or mix it up for example browns and golds.
1 .Rimmel London Glam’Eyes Quad Eyeshadow $14.95 at Rimmel.com.au 2. Rimmel London Glam’Eyes Mono Eyeshadow $10.95 Rimmel.com.au 3. Revlon 12 Hour Colour Stay Eyeshadow Quad $25.84 at BigW.com.au 4. Revlon Matte Eyeshadow $20.00 at Glossi.com.au