If you haven’t already checked out food blogger Completely Delicious, now is the time! Choc full of recipes from cookies to cakes to toffee, it is our go to guide when we are craving something delicious!
Our latest favourite is Completely Delicious’s Homemade English Toffee, like she says, it is completely addictive and will have everyone coming round for more! I made one batch and the fiance and my brother had inhaled it before I could nab one bite!!
Check out the recipe below or head to Completely Delicious for more.
What you need:
2 cups (452 grams, 1 pound) unsalted butter
2 cups (445 grams) sugar
1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) salt
2 cups (340 grams, 1 bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
1 cup (113 grams) pecans, finely chopped
How to make it:
1. Line a rimmed 13×17 sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a heavy bottom saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Stir in the sugar.
2. Increase the heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Insert a candy thermometer and cook the mixture until it reaches 285 degrees F, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring occasionally.
4. Once the butter and sugar mixture reaches temperature, immediately pour into the lined sheet pan. Let set for a few minutes, then spread the melted chocolate on top. Immediately sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
5. Let set for several hours until firm, the toffee will set up quickly, the chocolate will take a while. Break the candy into small pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature, candy should keep for several days.