If you’ve been reading my recent posts such as ‘the easiest way to elevate any winter look‘, or ‘5 ways to keep an all black outfit interesting‘, then you’ll know that I am all about maximum impact / minimal effort when it comes to dressing. (This may appear strange coming from someone who runs fashion businesses for a living but it is a fact!)
Newsflash, I don’t have three hours per day to plot and plan my outfits, and even if I did have that kind of time, I’d spend it doing something else. Like eating. Or blogging. Yep, I’d probably be blogging. (How long do you spend planning outfits by the way? Let me know in the comments below!)
RELATED: THE COOL ONE: EMMANUELLE ALT
Let’s face it. Fashion needs to work for us, not the other way around. That’s why we need a solid arsenal of wardrobe multi-taskers that minimise the effort of getting dressed each day whilst keeping us looking sharp and stylish.
I’m all about those “cheat pieces” that transport otherwise standard outfits into something new and exciting.
Lately, I cannot go past the classic Tuxedo Jacket and here’s why:
- Classic, sharp, structured, flattering (ie everything we want in an investment garment!) The cut of a tuxedo jacket, whether it’s cropped or classic length will flatter all body shapes and types.
- Goes with anything – From topping off your jeans and heels, to balancing out classic evening looks (and even flowy dresses) a la Gisele Bundchen below.
- Wearable masculine style (co-incidentally on-trend, note this recent story: ‘Mannish mood: how to wear the masculine trend’). A tuxedo jacket nods to the boys without missing your stop on the masculine trend train.
- Fantastic return on investment: Low cost per wear (and much better value than an Avocado when you think about it.)
- Magnitudes more interesting than a standard black blazer – Dare I say an “elevated” take on the classic black blazer.
- Perfect work-to-play item – A tuxedo jacket is the quintessential, hard working multi-tasker (like us, right?!)
Need more proof?
Tuxedo Inspiration #1 – Casual with t-shirts and jeans
Tuxedo Inspiration #2 – All dressed up
If you really want your tuxedo jacket to earn it’s way into your much-loved style arsenal, then it pays to invest a little more if you can. A great cut and a quality fabric will take you far with this style of jacket.
Here are some great-looking options available at the moment:
P.S Do you want me to let you in on a little secret? Shopbop are giving an extra 25% off designer markdowns, valid July 14th – 15th. Use coupon code: 25EXTRA (thank me later!)
What do you think of the classic tuxedo jacket? Would you wear one or do you already own? Let me know in the comments below!