Lets face it, Summer is just around the corner and it’s time for us to get our summer prep underway, which means legs out, sunscreen on and self-tan at the ready.
We’re all a little guilty of letting our legs go in winter when jeans and tights cover up any unfortunate situations, so here are our top five tips to rehabilitating your pins in time for summer:
1. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. We recently wrote an article which has the perfect recipe for a DIY body scrub great for removing those dead skin cells and revealing glowing, beautiful skin underneath! This is essential to revitalize your skin, but also as a step before self-tanning.
2. Using the right self-tan for you. Self-tanning is a far safer option than baking in the harsh Australian sun for hours, and we are seeing more and more risks associated with this. Despite this, I LOVE looking tanned, I think it makes you look healthy and slimmer- enter self-tanning. Once you’ve gotten those pins silky smooth with Schick Hydro Silk, It’s all about the base colour- suiting different skin tones.
I personally love St Tropez for its colour. My number one top tip if you are tanning at home is to moisturize your hands, wrists, knees, elbows, ankles and feet. This extra layer of protection helps the tan not to concentrate on these areas avoiding those nasty dark patches!
3. Lunge, lift and squat. Three exercises that will get your legs toned and skirt ready! If you’re starting out, doing traditional squats, leg lifts and lunges every day will not only help with fitness, but tone your butt and thighs…just what we need for summer!
4. Protect. We’re all aware of the risks of skin cancer now, plus sun damage speeds up the aging process. Your legs need as much sun protection as your face so make sure you find a good, durable sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30+.
5. Smooth and moisturize you guys! You might have all of the above down pat, but in summer with temperatures routinely soaring above 30 degrees it makes sense that your skin will dry out and need hydration. Hydrating your legs with a good moisturizer every day will keep your skin healthy, glowing and tan ready!
We are giving FIFTEEN lovely ladies the chance to trial the Schick Hydro Silk Razor! If you would like to trial and are happy to write us a review, the first fifteen ladies to email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and mailing details will receive one!