Fashion apps are big business these days with hundreds of exciting-sounding platforms cropping up faster than you can download them. Promising to stimulate your individual style, help you organise your wardrobe, locate that perfect item, sell that unwanted item, or connect you to other fashionistas, if it’s fashion you are after someone will have created an app for it!
We understand this list may bring out the worst in anyone who’s already a phone or shopping addict, (apologies in advance for that) but these innovative fashion apps are so convenient, inspiring, and tantalisingly addictive that we’re bringing them to you anyway!
1. Style Thief
- Style Thief is a photo-searching app created by Kate Bosworth and Samantha Russ.
- This app allows the user to shop an item by taking a photo of it, for e.g. from a stranger, on a street, a magazine page, TV, in a store or other sources.
- Once the photo is uploaded, the app will allow you to browse and gain access to similar products and brands from the best-known sellers.
- Stylect has been compared to Tinder, as it uses a similar format.
- It helps you find shoes, as it allows you to swipe over 50,000 shoe styles, based on the user’s style and likes.
- The user likes a shoe, and is able to buy the product from their wish list.
- The app allows you to search and filter by price, style and colour, and allows you to access many brands from Prada, Nike and TopShop to H&M.
- The app allows you to also get notifications when the shoes you liked go on sale.
3. PS Dept
- PS Dept stands for Personal Shoppers Department.
- This messaging app allows the user to access personal fashion consultants from brands and stores like Stella McCartney and Derek Lam.
- It replaces the phone call as it provides you free access to expert advice from the best stores.
- You then get to shop directly through the app, after your shopper sends back options, when making a request
- Shopstyle has been described as “fashion Google”.
- This app allows you to search a huge database of online stores and refine your search by categories such as style, price and colour.
- The user is able to buy an item from the retailer as the app directs you to the store’s purchase page.
5. Like To Know It
- Like To Know It allows you to track down items on Instagram.
- This handy app involves the simple process of signing in with your email on the app, liking any Instagram photo with a ‘www.liketk.it’ link and receiving ready to shop product links in your inbox.
- Cloth is a virtual wardrobe app, which manages what’s in your closet and provides you recommendations on an outfit based on the weather conditions.
- Your digital wardrobe is made by taking photos of your outfits and tagging it with the relevant category and weather conditions.
- You can also be inspired by searching and browsing other public users, by weather, occasion and location.
7. The Hunt
- The Hunt connects you to 3.5 million people on the app.
- The community helps you hunt down a particular item you’ve seen on Instagram, by posting direct shopping links.
- The community also provides answers to shopping questions.
- A user can shop an outfit found on Instagram, get advice on outfits and learn what the latest trends are.
- A blogger favourite, Polyvore allows you to create collages by mixing and matching items that are shoppable.
- The app gives you style inspiration and shows you styles that match your taste.
- It has been described as addicting, and allows the user to filter through categories like style, brand and colour.
- Pose allows you to take photos of your outfit and share it with the community.
- This photo-sharing app also allows you to tag your clothes with designer and brand details.
- The app lets you browse outfits and shop their looks, through an exclusive peer-to-peer marketplace.
- Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace, where the user can buy or sell authentic designer fashion for up to 90% off.
- The app also makes your photos look professional, by cleaning the background, suggests prices to help sell your item faster, shipping is free and the app accepts returns.
- This convenient app allows the user to shop without leaving the house, as it manages the full shipping process by sending sellers a shipping kit, where you just drop it in the mail.
Time to get downloading! …Are there are any fantastic fashion apps we’ve missed? Let us know in the comments below and earn BWA Dollars to spend on Rewards!