The weather is pretty volatile here in Sydney, but with the long weekend approaching, we thought it would be nice to plan out some delicious summer goodies for a chic take on an after BBQ desert.
Anything with berries and vanilla in it is high on my list of things to wolf down, and this Mixed Berry Parfait is one of my favourite things to make for my fiance and brother, but could be pretty easily replicated for a bigger party.
What to buy?
1 box (3 oz) wild strawberry gelatin
1 cup of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries (you can shake it up with others…whatever you like).
2 cups of vanilla pudding
1. You’ll need five 300ml glasses or plastic glasses.
2. Prepare gelatin in a 2-cup glass measure as the directions on the box state. Cool in fridge and make sure you stir occasionally stirring (try not to create bubbles) for 30 minutes or until consistency of egg whites.
3. While your mixture is cooling down, stem and hull around a 1/2 cup strawberries; and cut into relatively small pieces. Combine with 1/2 cup each of your other berries and then divide the fruit among glasses/cups.
4. Add gelatin and gently stir with a skewer to incorporate berries so some are suspended in the gelatin(this looks really cool, but don’t overstir!!) and then pop it into the fridge until it is set.
5. Spoon the vanilla pudding on your pretty fruit jelly. Slice up the rest of the strawberries and mix in a bowl with remaining blueberries and raspberries; and sprinkle over the delicious fruity delight!
Credit: Woman’s Day; August 1, 2008