Following on from our recent interview with fitness and healthy living advocate, Lorna Jane (you can read both parts to the interview here and here), we bring you an exclusive recipe from her new book, ‘NOURISH The Fit Woman’s Cookbook’. Please try it and let us know what you think!
SPICED FISH WITH QUINOA TABBOULEH AND EGGPLANT PUREE
1 large eggplant (500g)
½ teaspoon each ground cumin,
ground coriander and paprika
2 x 200g (6.-ounce) firm
white fish fillets
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic, quartered
1 lemon (140g), cut into wedges
¾ cup (150g) dried white quinoa
1 cup (250ml) filtered water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 medium tomato (150g), chopped finely
1 lebanese cucumber (130g), seeded, chopped finely
½ cup each loosely packed freshflat-leaf parsley and mint leaves
2 green onions (scallions), chopped finely
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
2. Trim top from eggplant. Place eggplant onan oven tray; pierce all over with a fork.Roast about 30 minutes or until beginningto collapse. Remove from oven; cool.
3. Meanwhile, to make the quinoa tabouleh,rinse quinoa well; drain. Place quinoa in asmall saucepan with the water; bring to theboil. Reduce heat; cook quinoa, covered witha tight-fitting lid, about 15 minutes or untilwater is absorbed and quinoa is tender.Remove from heat; stand, covered, 10minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in theremaining ingredients. Season to taste.
4. Rub combined spices all over fish, season;place on oven tray. Roast about 10 minutesor until cooked as desired.
5. Peel eggplant; chop flesh coarsely. Processeggplant with juice and garlic until smooth;season to taste.
6. Serve fish with quinoa tabouleh, eggplantpuree and lemon wedges.
Prep + cook time 45 minutes
Nutritional count per serving protein (55.2g),
carbohydrate (58.8g), total fat (8.8g), fibre