I’ve been hosting a few parties lately as well as planning my own wedding, and thus have been delving into the Pin heavy world of home decor.
As such, I have stumbled across some amazing inspiration but also some of the top tips from industry experts on how to set an Instagram worthy dinner party.
Our top tips to setting a gorgeous table:
1. Start with a blank table. Place your chairs and work out how many plates, wine glasses and other things like salt and pepper shakers will be on the table.
2. Lay a table cloth, or if you’re like me and love raw wood (for that rustic chic vibe) leave it bare. If I do use a table cloth, I like a modern linen print like chevrons or soft stripes.
3. Build your centrepiece. Remember don’t go crazy, you need space to eat, and dont block guests sitting opposite each other. I often use a whole bunch of vintage mason jars I have collected and fill them with flowers or tealights. If you want to go crazy, you could use hanging lights or fairy lights.
4. Set your first place setting. Right now I am loving matte gold cutlery for that seriously luxe feel, paired with vintage floral napkins and twine. But have fun! Express yourself. Check out some of our inpirations below for ideas. Plates dont neccessarily need to match and nor do your napkins.
5. Add a personal touch. I like to practice my calligraphy and handwrite each guests table settings. Or you could write menus, or a little note. Whatever!
6. Add flowers. Nothing adds to a beautiful dinner more than the scent of fresh flowers.
7. Layer in your glassware and other accessories. Add your salt and pepper, wine glasses (I love stemless because they are less easy to knock over!).
What are some of your tips?