Most women love the idea of updating their wardrobe but grimace at the thought of having to trawl through endless online stores or worse – the shops!
For busy women juggling careers and families, shopping is often relegated to the lowest rung on their list of priorities, resulting in an ad-hoc wardrobe full of rushed purchases that may have let them down on size, fit and quality.
Newly-launched online store, ‘My Friend Alice’ aims to turn this situation around for busy women once and for all. This carefully curated store is literally a one-stop destination for women looking for quality clothing that will take them through years of school runs, family holidays, drinks out with their girlfriends and dinner parties.
From adaptable basics, through to versatile jackets, jeans, great accessories, denim and even undergarments, all bases are covered in this intelligently-designed store.
Women can shop by item, by clothing type or by trend but what sets Alice apart is that women can shop by body type, using the Style Science feature (amazing!).
I’m calling My Friend Alice officially “bookmark worthy.” These are items currently on my wishlist at www.myfriendalice.com.au.
Scroll to the bottom to find out what My Friend Alice has instore for shoppers this Queens Birthday long weekend!
1. The Perfect Boyfriend Coat: It’s all about grey this season! This coat not only boasts a great colour and cut, but it’s endlessly versatile. Wear this jacket over ponte leggings or slim-leg jeans and a comfy knit. Brogues or loafers for weekends, or a heel for the office.
2. The Pleated Skirt: Everyone needs one or two stand-out pieces in their wardrobe, and this in my opinion can be one of them. Ultra-classic styling gets a modern update thanks to this beautiful berry hue. Let this skirt do the talking and pare the look back with delicate greys or nude. If you don’t mind a little high-wattage, wear it with blackest black and the highest heels.
3. Comfortable Leather Bootie: This stylish bootie has it all! A comfortable wedge makes this a great heel for all-day wear. I love the wooden contrast for added versatility and edgy perforation on the leather is super-cool. Wear this bootie with skirts, cuffed jeans and everything in between. Being able to show off your pedicure (if you’ve got time for one) is an added bonus!
4. Classic Striped Knit: This fine, striped knit is guaranteed to be on high-rotation in anyone’s wardrobe. Monochrome colouring is not only on-trend, it’s a no-brainer if you’re looking for mileage in your garments. Team this classic-cool knit with jeans or leggings and a great coat and you’re ready to go.
5. Buttery Soft Draped Leather Jacket + Tote: This fabulous mushroom-toned leather jacket with broad lapels gives off the effortless style we all want. Suitably slouched for weekends, and sufficiently stylish for the office (and beyond), this jacket is a great addition to any busy-woman’s wardrobe. This take-me-anywhere tote is a no-brainer as well! Generously-sized without looking sloppy.
6. Graphic Jean-Pants: These fabulous pants make a great alternative to standard jeans. In a modern printed grey fabric, the colour is once again highly workable, ensuring you’ll get plenty of wear out of these for seasons to come. The tapered leg is modern and on-trend, and looks great cuffed. Team these pants with other neutrals or a bright pop of red.
7. Quirky Classics: Add a little flirty femininity to boyfriend jeans, pants and work suits with this gorgeously fun shirt by Rails. Classic navy and red hearts bring the print back to earth and make it really workable. Dress the shirt up with dark denim, red heels or lip. Clutches are a great place to have fun with your look, and this midnight blue metallic clutch does just that. Perfect when you want to have a change from basic black.
In news just in: My Friend Alice has just announced they are offering up to 40% OFF across their entire store this long weekend, starting Saturday 6th June! So, ready, set.. SHOP!
So, there you have it! Be sure to check out My Friend Alice, and let me know what you think of these picks in the comments below!