Sunday nights aren’t usually the best kind of nights… the fear of Monday morning and the long week ahead can leave you feeling a little blurgh! Luckily I have my kitchen and many reasons to procrastinate.
This evenings procraster-baking session had me whip up something a little different…
I spent two months in India with my friend Steph last year… and so my love and obsession with curries began! In particular pumpkin curries… nom nom nom.
With that in mind, I introduce to you this delightful Savoury Pumpkin & Curry bread – Gluten Free of course!
What you will need:
– 1.5 cup of Pumpkin
– 3 cups of Almond Meal
– 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon & 1 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
– 1 Tablespoon of curry powder
– 1 Tablespoon of GF baking powder
– 1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
– 4 eggs
– Pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top
You can get all of these ingredients from my FAVOURITE grocery store Thomas Dux the grocer. I swear by them because their produce is so fresh and amazing and range for organic products is huge (and they are local:))
What to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 150 Degrees Celsius and line your baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cut your pumpkin into small bites and cook on the stove top until soft – mash well, add in the curry powder and set aside.
3. Combine the almond meal, cinnamon, nutmeg, GF baking powder & eggs into a bowl and stir well.
4. Add the melted coconut oil and the pumpkin mix to number 3 ^^ and stir well.
5. Pour the entire mixture into your tray and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
6. Cook for 40 – 50 minutes (depending on the strength of your oven) – be sure to check it every 20 minutes or so to make sure its coming along nicely.
7. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool before you remove it from the tin.
Serve & enjoy. It makes for a mean afternoon snack or evening desert, especially with a dollop of natural yoghurt!
Abbey – Holistic Fit Food