Everybody is going loco for coco.. and I can understand why!
Coconuts are one of my favourite foods.. there probably isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t eat it. Ive switched to coconut milk for my morning latte.. I use coconut oil whilst cooking (it is more stable at high temps so doesn’t oxidise and cause free radicals) or I add flakes to my morning Muesli. In my opinion, everything about coconut is truly wonderful.
Some other wicked fun coconut facts for you:
– Research has shown that coconut oil reduces abdominal obesity and can help control weight
– It is known to help with digestion
– It boosts your metabolism and helps with immunity
– It is high in fibre, vitamins and minerals
– Can increase energy levels
– Can lower cholesterol levels and may lover your chance of heart disease
– Coconut oil is also great for your skin!
– Best of all, it tastes delicious and can be used in so many different ways!
Sooooo with that in mind.. last night I whipped up this delicious coconut chia pudding.
It can be eaten for Breakfast or desert… which ever you prefer!
What you need:
– 1/4 Cup of Oats
– 2-3 Tablespoons of Chia seeds
– 1/2 Cup of coconut Milk (I use Pure Harvest coco quench)
– 1 Tablespoon of Natural Co-Yo (optional)
– 1 Teaspoon of Maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
– A handful of nuts
– Your desired toppings… I used this amazing cherry ripe pre-made mixture from the stable store which had goji berries, cacao nibs, coconut flakes & cherries
What to do:
1. Mix all the ingredients into a bowl or jar and leave overnight…
2. Once set and ready to eat… top with your favourite toppings! Its that easy!
This recipe takes about 5 minutes to make and even less to consume! Better yet its full of super-foods that will keep you feeling full and satisfied… guilt free!
Abbey- Holistic Fit Food