Via BWA’s latest poll I learned that, like me, many of you fantasize about acquiring Serena van der Woodsen’s wardrobe. She’s not a real person you may say? Who cares! As far as I’m concerned fashion is all about using your imagination. Eric Daman, Gossip Girl’s stylist extraordinaire, has created a fictional wardrobe that couldn’t be more lust worthy. Of the style he created for Serena, Daman says he was influenced by “Kate Moss – very carefree, tousled and sexy”. With inspiration from one of the world’s biggest style icons, it comes as no surprise that Serena’s outfits are varied, on trend and utterly fabulous. Here are some golden rules to follow that will help you achieve this stylish Upper East Sider’s look:
1. Always wear clothes that accentuate your best features (those never ending legs in Seren’s case).
2. Mix up designer and high street items so that your look is original.
3. Killer heels are appropriate night and day.
4. Wear statement jewellery to compliment your clothes.
5. Never neglect your hair – you can’t be best dressed without being well tressed.
6. An exceptional outfit is not complete without a knockout bag.
1. Halston Heritage Maxi Dress £251 from Net-a-Porter; 2. Fallon Swag Earrings from A$250 Off The Runway; 3. Jospeh Leather Tank £268 at Net-a-Porter; 4. Theola Platform Bootie £45 from ASOS; 5. Linen Blazer £60 from Topshop; 6. Adam Pleated Crepe Shorts £43 from The Outnet; 7. Ted Baker Peep Toe Heels £95 from ASOS; 8. Lara Bohinc Lunar Eclipse Necklace A$795 from Off the Runway; 9. Elizabeth and James Lace Dress £323 from Net-a-Porter; 10. YSL Muse 2 Bag £1,370 from Matches Fashion.