After months and months of lusting over the Miu Miu glitter shoes I thought I would create my own interpretation of the glitter heel.
This is probably one of the easiest DIY projects to do as it does not require a great deal amount of skill, if you can use a paint brush you are pretty much sorted.
You can go for any colour combination you desire, but I have stuck to silver on black. Although its not quite as luxe as the Miu Miu’s or Michael Kors I am still pretty happy with the end result!
What you will need
– Old pair of shoes
– Craft Glue
– Masking Tape
– Paint Brush
– Small Bowl
1. Clean your heels, mine had had a run for their money on too many dance floors so needed a good clean,
3. Cover a small dish or bowl with foil, then pour in a small amount of glue. Pour the same amount of glitter and mix through to create a glitter paste. You need it to be quite thick to allow for good coverage.
4. Start painting on the glitter paste as evenly as possible. Depending on your thickness of paste you might need to do 2 coats of the glitter. Just make sure you let it try in-between coats.
5. Once they are completely dry you can remove the masking tape carefully.
6. To finish off spray with a clear sealant spray to make sure it all holds in place.