Father’s Day is looming (September 2nd for those who didn’t know!) and the time has come to sort out those online orders to make sure Dad’s present arrives in a timely fashion! I have to admit I am a Daddy’s girl so any excuse to spoil him is one that I jump at.
Sometimes Father’s Day presents are hard to find, especially if you don’t want to resort to the old ‘socks/tie/ box of chocolates’ routine. Dads deserve to be pampered too!
So to help you all out, here are some of my top tips to shopping for Dads perfect present online:
1. Leave enough time for shipping. This has been my pitfall on more than one occasion, and it is never a good idea to rely on express shipping when you are in a bind. Nobody wants to give an IOU!
2. Know your audience. For me, my Dad is a tech and book junkie so my options are pretty much unlimited and can suit almost any budget. Buying car magazinesonline is much cheaper than in store and online stores offer a much greater variety of titles.
3. Do your research. Check out the Father’s Day suggestions on your favourite shopping sites- you would be surprised to see how many good ideas they come up with. If your mainstream sites offer good ideas but a less than competitive price, why not take those inspirations and head off on a Google hunt?
4. Think outside the box. Just because Dad’s pushing 60 doesn’t mean that he isn’t still young at heart. There are heaps of fun activities that won’t give your dear old Dad a heart attack that you can find online. Think Go-Karting for the car enthusiast, a day of fishing or even a nice dinner for two. If he likes to read about action, a Top Gear Australia or Motor Magazine subscription might be right up his alley!
Magshop is giving you the chance to win the ultimate experience for your Dad, head to their website to enter.
Ultimate adventure of a lifetime to the Kimberley with Orion Expedition Cruises, valued at over $42,000.
1. 10 nights Broome-Darwin Cruise (or vice versa) for two people staying in a luxury Owner’s Suite.
• On board pampering package – including massage.
• Entertainment & educational programs – experienced expedition crew and with disciplines in geology, marine biology and indigenous history.
2. Flights from nearest capital city in Australia.
3. All meals on board – 5 star quality.
4. Lite plane flight over the Bungle Bungle Ranges plus an amazing helicopter flight to Mitchell Falls.
Those are my top tips to making your Dad’s day special. Let us know what your tips or ideas are in the comments below!
This post is brought to you by Magshop.
Images: The National Ledger