Napoleon Perdis was asked to create three exclusive looks for the David Jones Spring/Summer 2011 Fashion Launch this year.
We were lucky enough to snag an interview with the makeup extraordinaire (video is coming soon!) and we thought we would take you through a step by step guide of how to re create his most dramatic look, “Old Hollywood” that Miranda sported for the runway show.
Napoleon describes this look as luxurious, Northern-European aristo-glam coupled with the aesthetic of classic Old Hollywood sophistication.
See our how-to guide below to get this dramatic look:
1. To light up the skin, prep with Napoleon Complex Skin Renewal Serum.
2. To make sure your makeup lasts with primer (as Napoleon always says, “Not to prime is a crime!”).
3. Hot Tip One: Apply mascara first, allowing the first coat to dry so the second coat glides on smoothly.
4. Base is key, to get that Miranda Kerr glow, Napoleon used Boudoir Mist Spray Foundation.
5. For a paparazzi finish, use a silk finish powder like Camera Finish Powder Foundation- this conceals, covers and sets.
6. Sculpt that face for definition! Use a bronzer below the cheekbone, a illuminator above the cheekbone and a blush along the cheekbone.
7. Define your brows with a brown pencil.
8. Add shape to your eye with a bronze or taupe which are universally flattering shades!
9. For more definition, the Napoleon team strategically smudged China Doll Gel Liner in Earth close to the upper lash line.
10. Hot Tip Two: Make your eyes stand out! Use a white liner on the inner rim. Now add another coat of mascara.
11. Add some false eyelashes for an even more dramatic look.
12. Hot Tip Three: Now is the time to make that bold statement! Grab your Double Agent Rouge- a strong and velvety red lip THEN use your lip liner- the reason for this is to perfect, define and hold your lip in place.
You are now picture perfect and ready for a night out on the town!