This banana bread is the ideal healthy alternative to the average cafe banana bread. It’s simple and packed with good fats, protein and fibre. Perfect for morning tea or the 3pm energy slump. It’s also an excellent post-work out snack instead of processed protein products.
How to make: Ingredients
- 400g bananas
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey/maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed/linseed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Place banana, eggs, honey, vanilla, oil, cinnamon and baking powder into a food processor.
- Blend until creamy and well combined.
- Fold through coconut flour, flaxseeds and walnuts.
- Pour into loaf tin and top with extra chopped banana and walnuts.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until browned and caramelised on top. Allow to cool.
This preservative-free bread will last in the fridge for up to a week, and it’s freezable! (Slice it first.)
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:
About the author: Angelique is a lawyer by day (and sometimes night) and an aspiring food blogger. Angelique is always looking for creative and time-saving ways to maximize the hours in the day whilst maintaining an active, balanced and healthy lifestyle. Cooking is her way of unwinding after a long day and continuing on her exciting food journey.