Its chilly here in Sydney, and the winter blues are taking hold. Fight them off with our top five ways to re-energize, recharge and revamp your life so you can launch back into the swing of things with vim and vigor!
1. Take a holiday!
The best way to decompress from the stress of the daily grind is to get away! I’m currently perusing flights with Qantas Holidays to Hong Kong to visit one of my best friends and do some shopping damage on the credit card, and was informed of this lovely giveaway that Qantas Holidays are running.
If you book a flight in June and fly out before the end of October you go into the running to win your full airfare back- this is for any flight, anywhere in the world! Double bonus, you are already on holiday and may end up with some extra cash for a sneaky shopping spree! Book your flights with Qantas Holidays now.
If you are intending on hitting Hong Kong, which I highly recommend, my top five places to visit are:
1. The Lane Crawford and Joyce outlets which boasts designers like Celine, Balenciaga, Prada, Alexander McQueen, Chloe and more at 50%-70% off. Drool.
2. Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery. This is located at New Territories, and houses thousands of statues of Buddha in different poses and colors.
3. Lamcombe Seafood Restaurant, located on Lamma island which is a short ferry ride away. This is one of several restaurants on the island that dish up delicious seafood for super cheap, think a 5 course meal for under $40. Time to gorge.
4. Causeway Bay is a huge area in Hong Kong that’s filled with shopping, restaurants, and businesses. The main shopping mall, Times Square, is filled with 16 floors of stores and restaurants…need I say more!
5. Ocean Park is a family sort of place, but who wouldn’t want to see pandas live, a goldfish pagoda and a butterfly house. Plus a Marine Land where atoll reef and shark aquariums are found, and Headlands amusement park where you can go ride a rollercoaster!
2. Treat yourself to a spa day.
This is such a simple thing to do, and so easy too! It doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg to pamper yourself either. Just spend a little time getting a mani or massage and recharge your batteries.
Alternatively save more cash and do a DIY spa day at home, you can even DIY your own facials using household ingredients like honey, avocado or museli. Give yourself a mani and pedi, read a book and relax!
3. Do something for someone less fortunate.
It is easy to forget how lucky we are in winter to have a roof over our heads and a heater to warm our feet. While we want to avoid sounding preachy, we think it is important to take the time to do some good for those who are less fortunate than us.
I guarantee it will but a smile on your face and a spring in your step. Try your local soup kitchen, favourite charity or even animal shelter and share the love around!
4. Get fit, get healthy.
Book that gym membership and stick to it. Easier said than done, believe me I know. I try to get that goal bikini bod to motivate me.
Another good way is to lock in a day with the girls, making sure you all stick to it. If you aren’t a gym type, try a dance class, pilates or yoga or if you are adventurous even a pole dancing class! Even walking 30 mins a day, three days a week will get that blood flowing, release endorphin’s and generally make you feel great.
5. Wine and dine your girlfriends.
Like many of us, I take my girlfriends for granted. Take the time to reinvest in your important relationships, wine and dine your best friends and reinforce those lifelong bonds. A few hours with those people that get you most can make a world of difference!
This post was brought to you by Qantas Holidays