Summer is here! As always, a new season heralds the start of another wishlist and so the BWA girls have come together to show you our top picks for Summer 2011/12.
Summer is fast approaching despite the bizarre downpour we have been experiencing recently and I couldn’t be more excited. This summer for me sartorially is all about mixing luxe accessories with crisp whites and strong colours. Spring booties are making a strong appearance, and I am also really feeling the smoking slipper flat, just chuck on a velvet robe and a bubble pipe and you’re sorted!
Watermelon brights and thigh high double splits are two of my favourite things right now, and you can’t go wrong with a pair of Miu Miu sunnies, in fact I am positively drooling over the Noirs.
What I’m looking forward to this summer: high waisted bikinis, mango every day, iced coffee, neon brights, crisp whites, sand in the bed, wine and cheese filled picnics, trips to the zoo, reading in the sunshine, Melbourne, and Christmas!
1. 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Leather Tote $950.00 at Net-A-Porter.com 2. Ellery Meadows Skirt $650.00 at TheDreamery.com.au 3. Zimmermann Idyllic Embroidered Cut Out Dress $995.00 at Zimmermann.com.au 4. Topshop Ambush Boots £75.00 at Topshop.com 5. ASOS Statement Cocktail Ring In Emerald $19.73 at ASOS.com 6. Miu Miu Noirs in Black $495.00 available Feb 2012 at SunglassHut.com.au 7. Yves Saint Lauren Arty Gold Plated Glass Cuff $640.00 at Net-A-Porter.com 8. Sportsgirl Sleeveless Pocket Shirt $69.95 at Sportsgirl.com
For this silly season I have gone for a mix of items I can take from day through to night, as well as a few beach and Summer festival essentials.
I am loving the burgundy tones from Moto, Zimmermann and Love . Of course any sort of lace item is a must have, and couldn’t go past the Lucette Shirt.
Chunky heels are an essential item for me this season also, so I added in the All Saints sturdy heels to top off all my summer outfits!
I will continue to dream about the Chloe bag, after all it is my “wishlist”, but maybe Santa will give it to me for Christmas hint hint…
1. TopShop Harness Corset £30.00 at Topshop.com 2. Moto Kristen Hotpants £32.00 at Topshop.com 3. Chloe Gabby Patchwork Hobo Bag $2,885.12 at BrownsFashion.com 4. Love Maroon Chiffon Maxi $71.35 at InLoveWithFashion.com 5. Zimmermann Savannah Frill Underwire Bikini $250.00 at Zimmermannstore.com 6. All Saints Rosalina Heel £155.00 at Allsaints.com 7. Lucette Lace Lady Shirt $149.00 at TheIconic.com.au 8.Katzi Dakota Shell Ring $229.00 at TheGrandSocial.com.au 9. Love Burnt Out Feather Print Sleeveless Dress $58.94 at InLoveWithFashion.com
Check out Lizz’s blog here!
After compiling my summer wish list, I realised it spoke volumes about my fashion preferences at large: brightly coloured, busily patterned and with enough sparkle to rival a disco ball. I’ve never been one to pick basic pieces that are interchangeable with everything else in my wardrobe – a fact which can be much to my chagrin – and I doubt this summer will be much different!
Aside from the more sartorially-based side, there are many things I look forward to this summer. The main thing, however, is easily living right near the beach for the first time in my life. I’m looking forward to warmth of the sun hanging around long after it has set, music festival season being in full swing, spending time with loved ones over the holiday period, even being able to drive with my sunroof down and being able to catch some rays. Being well-dressed whilst enjoying my favourite season and making memories is just a bonus.
1. Black Milk Galaxy Swimsuit $90.00 at BlackMilkClothing.com 2. Noir Jewellery Dinosaur Bones Bracelet $850.00 at NoirJewelry.com 3. RayBan Clubmasters $219.95 at SunglassHut.com.au 4. Cassette Society Rizzle Sequin Dress $268.48 at Laxfashion.com 5. Sportsgirl Flower Garland Headband $9.958 at Sportsgirl.com.au 6. Jeffrey Campbell White Skate $169.95 at Solestruck.com 7. Mulberry Oversized Alexa $1,450.00 at Net-A-Porter.com 8. Sass & Bide Out Of Focus Bird Print jacket $490.00 at Sassandbide.com
I’m relishing the opportunity to wear white with accents of colour this summer; it fits in with my mostly classic with a dash of quirky style. I’d love to invest more in Australian designer pieces but hey this a wish list, and who doesn’t wish for Chloe?!
I’m not a massive accessoriser but when I do, like statement pieces I can keep forever. Love the blue on the Dannijo Bib piece, which is named after the Man Repeller. If you don’t know who she is, check her out already. She’s my favourite blogger and so many different kinds of awesome!
A splash of colour on slim silhouette like the Stella McCartney blazer, gorgeous! The perfect piece to transition on either side of summer.
1. Zimmermann Idyllic Linen Paneled Pantsuit $650.00 at Zimmermannstore.com 2. Marin Ignacio Bike $895.00 at Bicyclestore.com 3. Stella McCartney Michelle Blazer $1322.12 at MyTheresa.com 4. Prada Baroque Sunglasses $314.63 at Nordstrom.com 5. Anthropologie La Fortunata Lingerie Set $44.00 at Anthropologie.com 6. Dannijo Medine Necklace $495.00 at Dannijo.com
Check out Olivia’s blog here!
1. Shakuhachi Crochet Daisy Leather Collared dress $280.oo at MyCatwalk.com 2. 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli satchel €758 at Farfetch.com 3. Sabre Sunglasses $139.95 at Generalpants.com.au 4. Nixon Tortoiseshell Watch $150.00 at Net-A-Porter.com 5. Sportsgirl Phoebe Mini Wedge $79.95 at Sportsgirl.com 6. Nicholas Roxanne Thin Belt $120.00 at GreenWithEnvy.com 7. Sass and Bide Coming Back Short $390.00 at Sassandbide.com 8. Sass and Bide High Society Tangerine Bra $ 120.00 at Sassandbide.com
Every girl needs a signature summer scent, and this year I’ve got my eye on Burberry Body. It’s very feminine – which is important for me when choosing a perfume – and is scented with notes of vanilla, peach, and freesia.
The Samantha Wills earrings are so glamorous and so detailed – and the combination of the crystals with the turquoise stone is incredible. They’ll see me right though the evening and late into the night. Is there any better way to accessorise?
This summer, I’m looking forward to spending lots of time with friends and family. I love how summer and the festive season bring everyone together – especially on Christmas and New Years! I’m also looking forward to the longer days that summer brings; and love having dinner and drinks by the water when the sun is only starting to go down.
1. Samantha Wills Canopy of Stars earrings $199.00 at Samanthawills.com.au 2. Burberry Body Eau Du Parfum $175.00 at Burberry.com.au 3. Rusty Riddle Dress $79.95 at Surfstitch.com.au 4. Samaya Mini Box Bag $395.00 at HoneyHoney.com.au 5. Siren Bolly Nude Flats $119.00 at Styletread.com.au 6. Witchery Racer Back Maxi $149.95 at Witchery.com.au 7. Camilla Odyssey Double Layered Tank $249.00 at ItsTheNewBlack.com.au
Hero Image: Millamos.Blogspot.com